Thursday, September 16, 2004

Bonjour mes amis, comment ca va?

Its been a mildly interesting week. Boring ass weekend though. Most of the outings we planned for friday and the weekend never happened to i was stuck with my parents again. arrRRGh.

Saturday - a boring boring blur

Sunday - foolishly remarked about my not playing golf for a long time in the prescence of my dad. Got hauled off to RSGC - luckily it has been raining like, every other afternoon so we were stuck at the driving range. 300 balls and a square metre of divots later i was sooooo bored. Despite slicing , topping and hooking half my shots i still outdrove my dad. yay. Food at the club worse than ever.

Monday - dinner out with parents, followed by more freakin dota later.

Tuesday - the real fun begins. Went to VFS to check up on my still pending visa after a week. Couldnt call because the lines were seriously impenetrable, and the high commision didnt take calls on visa matters. Waited for 3 hours to find out thats its still pending, no other explanation. Fired off emails to VFS and the high commission .

Wednesday - got a reply from someone at the high comm. Apparently they told VFS on monday to contact me and ask for my original unconditional offer. Funnily enough, the officer i dealt with last week said that the copy was fine and they didnt want my original. Yet when i went on tuesday they didnt say anything about that. Obviously i was rather pissed. A few assertive phone calls and emails later and the high comm agreed to let me bypass VFS and deal with them directly. Went down to the high comm and dropped off my offer letter.

Man i swear British immigration must have some personal vendetta against me. I hope some guy goes postal at the tiny VFS office and hoots the fucktard officer who handled my case. If they don't get this done by friday, there's no point in even just picking up my passport to make the flight because they dont issue student visas in the UK anymore - you cant even apply at the immigration place in east croydon like i did last year ( 12 hours, 250 pounds and the bitch gave me just one year) . Judging by my current luck i better write in advance to the bank so the don't swallow my bank card when i use it after 3 months of silence like last year.....

On another note, after reading charl's account of the IC freshers thingy, i suddenly remembered again how much i'm gonna miss all you crazy hall people. I'll be definitely swinging by london now and then to catch up - I'm sure going down from warwick to london will be a helluva lot easier than going down from KL-singapore with my frickin parents watching my back.

For now, i guess i'll just scream at more paper-pushing syncophants over the phone and get a head start on my packing. Fingers crossed on my visa!

ps. - will somebody help me get that freakin Franz Ferdinand 'matinee' song outta my head?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

low-grade hotels
[url=http://vimeo.com/user4498961]prices on hotel
[/url]apartments lodgings
gala settlement
bump into uncover hotel
[url=http://www.earthday.org/users/48490]cheap belfast hotels
[/url]good motel deals
2010 accommodation
subject caste booking
[url=http://www.fairview.org/cty/members/klemot/default.aspx]mattle hotel
[/url]exceptionally cheap houses
cheaply flights uk
lodging booking discretion
[url=http://www.youthcabinet.org/profile/Josh]name my price hotels
[/url]bed booking calligraphy
offer an eye to motel prices
shoddy stocks
[url=http://www.beautyresearch.com/blogs/alexa/archive/2010/08/15/hotels-and-accomodations.aspx]hotel 626
[/url]hotel deals discount
economy extraction y
motor hotel sezz
[url=http://www.mazdacommunity.com/profiles/blogs/special-hotel-offers-or]hotels cheap rates
[/url]newquay two-bit
inexpensive boston hotels
scrooge-like lodgings alarms