Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Call me a masochist, but….

yeeEE-HAW for Malaysian heat!

Whether its 3, 6, or 9 months away I’ve always come back thinking “OMFG I’ve been taken the sun for granted” . Having to shower thrice a day, sweating like a stuck pig in a rotisserie and even having to suffer droves of malodorous plebeians will never change that.

That, however, will probably mean I’ll be dead soon enough from heatstroke while trying to regain some colour tanning at poolside between laps ( having warned my mother in advance to spare the little debacle in Penang last year - *anak orang putih gila mana tuh jemur tengah matahari tuh YA ALLAH anak akuuu!* ) unless I lapse into a diabetic coma first from the customary back-for-summer eating binge.

Finally back in my own comfy cozy room again. Ahhh…

Anyway –

Gallic Sales(wo)manship

Was doing some last minute shopping at good ‘ol Selfridges in London and decided to get a different brand of scented candles for the boss lady of the house. Somehow I ended up at the Diptyque shop and started sampling their irritatingly labeled ( scattered letters, which also happen to be in French) candles, when the salesgirl *foomph* appeared outta nowhere.

Miss E:Good afternoon, are you looking for anything in particular? * in a yummy YUMMY typical French accent*

Amar: Not really, just a gift for my mother.

Otak Amar: ZOMFG hot cute French salesgirl! Zut alors!

Aww how nice. Do you know what kind of smells she likes?

Yeah- light, green floral smells. Maybe something slightly sweet.
And the accent! The accent! *phooh phooh* kontrol kontrol

* 5 mins or so of aural and olfactory delight while she shows me the range *

Wow you really know your smells, no?

Hahaha that probably just means I do this way too often. I’ll take this one.
That’s blatantly a sale scoring fake compliment and I don’t even care.

Ah yes good choice, I really like that one too.

Haih tipu tipu pon enjoy jelah. OOoo nice ass too.

*rings it up at the till after taking a prettily wrapped one, and wrapping it in more scented wrap and chucking a few samples*

There you go, have a nice day.

Merci. (summoning all my wannabe kefrench-an)
Sigh that’s probably the last French accent ill hear for a while.

Merci beaucoup! Au revoir!


Man that’s such a refreshing change from the swarm of effeminate salesmen on the ground floor. Almost made up for the time a coupla years back when a cashier slipped me HIS number with the receipt after some small talk. So that WAS a wink earlier on. BrrrRRRrrrrr. Flattered but still extremely weirded out. BRrrr.

Anyway yeah man…you can sell anything, provided that there’s a hot French salesgirl pushin it. I’m sure Alizee could sell me a freakin brick for at least a hundred pounds. Ditto with Laetitia Casta and a bottlecap.

Back in GMT + 0800 –

Tengkiuuu Sangeetha for being underweight ( on luggage ). Muahaha didn’t have to pay a cent for overweight and also slickly evaded my guni beras hand carry being weighed all the way into the plane.

During three days , counting down from touchdown itself, I managed to have – Bubur pedas, keledek goreng, keropok lekor + murtabak from terengganu, cendol, pasembor, rojak, sotong kangkong, wantan noodles, pisang goreng, wajik durian, Sarawak laksa, assam laksa, and some things I don’t even remember. Some of it homemade, to boot!

Luckily my desktop survived being brought home in pieces. Even more amazingly, it worked after I rewired it from scratch in a new ultralight Thermaltake casing. Tak meletup! W00t! Definitely putting the new 7900GT through its paces with Oblivion.

Not the prettiest wiring job, but I can always tidy it up later. Psycho kan – later have to bring this bitch back sommore.

My old man’s impulse tech shopping continues with more gadgets that either will fade into disuse, or being grossly underutilized eg a Blackberry used ONLY for emails and a Nikon D50 probably doomed to a lifetime of poorly taken candids and corporate group poses. I will do all I can to liberate it from that fate – cmon the man doesn’t even know how to upload the photos to his comp. In the end send the whole camera to photoshop and pay even more to get the photos on CD.

So while bummin around i messed with the camera a little around the house....




So that’s another summer project – send dear old dad back to his film F65 and abscond with the D50 for camwhoring, incriminating candids and maybe the odd spot of artsyness or macro shots.

Alrighty now….who’s up for some 1 Utama-ing? CC-ing?

Eating-Amar’s-Food-ing?

Nyahahaha. R.S.V.P. dulu , dahlings!

No comments: