Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ahh....finally i'm sitting down at my box and i feel like blogging too - thought i'd have a break from Dungeon Siege 2 (rocks!). Anyway gettin back up to speed :

Of Chains & Bicycles

Yes here is the story i have so passionately recounted to a coupla of you. I'll try my best to keep this one short - On Thurs, i cycled to 1 Utama to grab some groceries and also to catch a bite with Puteri and a friend of hers, having locked my bike to the reverse side of the taxi place where people have been doing so for ages. 45 mins later, i saw another chain and padlock on my bike, and a message that says " We have clamed your motorcycle. Please proceed to the carpark office to settle the RM 20.00 fine for clamping" Balls.

Needless to say i was rather miffed. I distinctly remember another bike being there, unclamped, and there were no signs anywhere saying not to park bikes there. And obviously this was a bicycle and not a motorcycle. So i took off the sign and tried looking around for the carpark office buuuut gave up cos Tai Uei and David were already waiting at my place to go climbing at Summit. Well the bike sure as hell wasn't going anywhere with two locks on it so i went off and planned to come back later to give 'em hell over this.

Before i left with them i told Kak Nab about it for a laugh and she found it hilarious too. Unfortunately, she called my mom, who did not. She called me on the way to summit and started another loooong lecture on priotizing friends over property etc etc etc and told me to go back and settle the bike now. WTF? How was i gonna go back? Sooo i told her i'd do it when i got back from Summit and she just hung up.

When i finally got around to having my dad drop me off there so i can call the security asswipe to complain and unclamp my bike, i let him have a piece of my mind - like wtf right? No signs anywhere, only my bike kena, and then i kena inconvenience like kok because of this. I wasn't yelling outright or anything but i was visibly and audibly miffed laa - and all the time my dad was telling me to keep it down. Mahai i kena marah by my mom for free, have to go through all this shit, and he's telling me not to get mad? After i was done with him, he promptly took the bike off for free, and after he cabut my dad marah me pulak for being rude to the guard. Not my fault kalau some mat rempit from kampung lubang taik tak pass PMR and couldn't tell apart a motorbike and a bicycle kan? This from Mr. "Throws a hissy fit at a restaurant for the littlest thing" and Mr. "Rag out a salesboy for forgetting his receipt" I'll be fucking beligerent to fucking whomever i want.

That pretty much ruined my Thursday and killed my mood later that night when i caught up with the others for Dota and shit. Its been a while since two of the things that pissed me off the most kena me in one shot - inconvenienced by someones stupidity and getting ragged by my mom for something totally irreverent & not my fault.

Day & Night of Fun & Madness

Screw my mother's silent treatment. I wasn't gonna let this stupid crap ruin my whole weekend. Amazingly, i didn't pass out on Friday after 2 days of almost whole sleep and a whole day out - Had to get up early to setel the food for Su's potluck, which i went to after Friday prayers. I don't think as many ppl as last time came, but it was still a blast - jeles siall dengar cerita re-orientation korang. After the all important catching up and gossayp ( and makan macam babi kebulur) we all went down to Pyramid - la chicas checked out Dian Sastro's new sob-fest Ungu Violet ( which i heard was 'orrible) while the rest of us went about 'window shopping' .

After that i bummed a ride off Tai Uei around 10pm to join the Cempakan crew for some serious partyin at Velvet Underground next to Zouk. Tried to go easy on the hooch - as i havent eaten since lunch-ish and i WaS pretty dead tired - but after a while the thought went out of the window. Whaaackk only! Everyone was obviously in a mood to partay dowwn - haven't seen so many cempakan's rippin it out on the floor for ages. Music was great house with a latin tinge - live percussion, vocals and sax. Definitely haven't partied that hard all summer. Props to Edwin who ended up gettin smashed again ( it'll be hilarious if they were to reuse the ice in that bucket hmn?) and Siew Keong who were the casualties of the night. Oh yeah and the Kuah - who was so kindly holding Mei Seen's handbag until he got chatted up ( or somethin) by a drunk angmor GUY. Yeah but that was a heckuva night. ROck on you groovay biatches. More this weekend? Hmmn? yesno?

Ergh next day was a killer tho. May have burnt off all the alch yesterday, but barely got 2 hours of sleep before havin to go to town with dad - buat baju melayu la...setel some things at the club la...etc etc etc. And then had the Warwick Freshers' thingy at the Renaissance. Bleargh - most of the freshers looked quite skema. Hopefully the more interesting ones had something better to do on Saturday night.

..& up to this point

Sunday wasn't much - just more lectures from my increasingly uppity matron which at this point and age just immensely irritated it instead of somehow rewiring my already hardwired persona. Sheesh when is she gonna realize that i'm 21 and i've been away from home for 4 years.

Met up with Azu and Viv for Sbux at 1 U ( i walked, yes) before i had to skedaddle of to whack me olde man at tennis. Funness. Went climbing again on Monday , followed by dinner at 1 U again and a final Dota session with da Singh.

Oh yeah , supposed to go down to Singapore Weds morning to catch up with you IC folk, and esp mr Poon whom i havent seen for a year and is going to US soon. The plan was to catch a coach down with Charl, but at the last minute my mom screwed me over again. Cannot go. Maaaaahaiii. God give me strength just for one more month. Sorrriieieeee i couldn't see y'all!!

Well i had better cut myself off before i start ranting more about my parents.

Oh yeah this just HAD to be said - POCO!!

Errata corrige: mistakenly put 'met up with puteri and viv' earlier. Its corrected now. Sorry azu!!! serious aku serik blog ngantuk ngantuk lagi nih. Nanti if you come over again i buat laksa sarawak just for you....sorry sorry sorry

No comments: